Saturday, June 26, 2010

Put on a Happy Face

I find that its easier to smile then to frown.

I’m stuck in a school where no one wants to hear about your problems, they just want to get through the six classes of the day and be done with it.

What isn’t easy is pretending. I’ve never had to pretend to be happy when I’m not, it’s never been necessary. Now, in high school, it’s like they have “be happy or don’t bother coming” postered on every single space of wall. The girls don’t cry from heartbreaks, the emo’s dont shed a tear for their screwy lives, and the clinically depressed never even spring a leak for fear that if they did, they would be shunned as an emotional bitch.

I thought teenagers were supposed to be emotional, but it seems like everywhere I go people are telling me that crying isn’t going to help. Maybe it’s not, but if it relieves some of the pain, if it relieves some of the pressure I constantly feel weighing down my mind, isn’t it worth the embarrassment?

I sat in a small corner of the school today and just cried my eyes out for no reason other then I wanted people to see I wasn’t afraid of their judgmental eyes or their burning glances. As I sat there a smiley little tune came into my head, and Im still smiling through my tears no just humming it to myself.

“Gray skys are gonna clear up, put on a happy face. Brush off the clouds and cheer up, put on a happy face. And spread sunshine all over the place, Just, put on a happy face”

No comments:

Post a Comment