Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Want to Remember

I never thought I would want to remember this year.


So many bad things have happened to me this year that I just don't want too ever look back on; my suicide attempt, my lack of firends, my parents divorce, my dog dying, people at school treating me like a complete freak, and now my best friend Drake is graduating and leaving me in the dust that still remains in high school.

But you know what, I want to remember, because of him.

Drake and I haven't been friends for very long, but it feels like I've known him forever. We have done everything together this school year, spending every moment together that we could, and although I tell myself I would be okay without any friends, if I didn't have him I probably would fall apart.

Drake is special. I know this because of Alyson. Alyson adores Drake, I bring him with me sometimes to see her, he knows all about her, all about me, I don't keep secrets from him. He calls her sweetie-pie and baby and treats her like a princess, which is the most kind thing he could do for her. he doesn't ask questions about her condition, doesn't whine about life, he just spends time with her like she is normal, and he does the same for me.

I don't want him to leave. I thought I would be okay when he left, I tried to stop talking to him for awhile, I didn't want to get attached to him, but then I realized I already was, from the first day I met him I was attached like velcroe.

I love him, he's one of the best things that has happened to me besides meeting Alyson. I can honestly say I've never felt closer and more open to anyone then I do to him. I know we will still keep in touch, he isn't going far, but I know it's going to hurt like hell to have to walk to class alone now, without his arm swung around my shoulders. IM GOING TO MISS HIM LIKE CRAZY.

I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought I was going to want to remember this year, but because of him.....

I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment