Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm Looking for an Answer

Teachers think they know everything, but they don’t.


Chemistry is the dullest class ever, especially when my teacher Mrs. Krud (yes, that’s her real name) drones on and on about carbon solutions and blah, blah, blah.

I’m usually lost by the time she says the word “Today” at the very beginning of cass.

It’s easier to daydream, most of the time it’s about pickign up a two-by-four and shooting up Mrs. Krud’s classroom. I don’t have many violent thoughts when it comes to other people, but Mrs. Krud is the devil reincarnated, how a man ever came to marry her is beyond me.

“Violet, do you know the answer?” I wasn’t paying attention today, which is why she chose me to annihilate.

It’s not that I don’t care about Chemistry, I’m actually quite good at it and get all A’s on everything in there, I think I just baffle the hell out of Mrs. Krud, she thinks If I was failing and not paying attention, I’d be a lot more fun to torment.

“Answer to what?” I blink, jerking my head in her direction.

Now I’m screwed, here comes the smoke billowing out of Krud’s ears like someone just put out a fire.

“Is life pointless?”

I don’t know why we are talking about this today, I’ve missed the whole lecture, but I can tell Krud is already aware of this by the devilish grin on her face.

I turn my head away, beginning to day dream again.

Is life pointless? Yes. No. Maybe so.

Pointless: meaningless, unproductive, futile.

Yeah, I’d say that just about sums up life.

Life is meaningless. You can’t put on a meaning on it because then you have to live up to that meaning, and you can’t, because Life isn’t something you live up too, it’s just something you do, or don’t do.

Life is unproductive. I could squander an hour sitting on the coach watching movies and television and eating popcorn all day, but I’m still living. We are all unproductive, which means life itself is also.

Life is futile. Why live when you could be dead forever? You can’t live forever, not yet anyway, so it’s pointless to try, pointless to think, pointless to keep on going.

Pointless, pointless, pointless.

“Well Ms. Blake, I’m looking for an answer”, Mrs. Krud stood at the front of the room, hands placed on pudgy hips.

The bell rang.

I smiled, “sorry, time’s up”.

No comments:

Post a Comment