Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happiness

The sun was shining on my face, something it hadn't done in a good, long time.

Today was just another day, no different from the day before. I woke up at 5:30 am, got ready for school, drove to school, waited for the last bell to ring before i could book it out of there, and then I went home and did homework until I had to cook my siblings dinner and go to bed. Not a very exciting routine, but I didn't mind it so much.

There is always one thing that changes though, always one thing that I know is going to be different: my mood.

One day I could be the saddest thing you ever crossed paths with, but then the next day I could be totally giddy like nothing was ever wrong...

It occurred to me that everyone in the world is looking for a way to be happy, and when they find it they're never goign to be sad again.

I don't mean to bur your bubble, but that's just wishful thinking.

It's pointless to seach for eternal happiness because there is no such thing, there is only temporary happiness, but what people don't understand is that that happiness isn't going to last. You have to be sad sometimes, you have to be mad sometimes, you have to be frustrated sometimes, its only human nature.

The problem with being depressed is that we hope for way to much from life. We cannot ask for something of it [life] when it [eternal happiness] doesnt exsist.

Happiness is like butterflies: when you chase it it will elude you but when you turn you attention to other things, it will come sit softly on your shoulder.

So, the best advice to be happy: STOP CHASING IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment